Friday, November 25, 2011

Friday after Thanksgiving in Washington DC


This picture is from this morning when Tani selected jazz music for the house. I also posted it to Facebook, but since my Mom doesn't have FB and I like the picture I thought I'd post it here too. Around 2:30 this afternoon after Susan finished practicing her D'var Torah we split into groups: Tani and Morris went to the Botanical Gardens to see the trains, Susan and I went to pick up her glasses prescription and go to Whole Foods near GWU, and Melissa stayed home to rest. When Susan and I got back, Susan began preparing dinner and Melissa and I took a walk around the neighborhood. We walked along the waterfront to the Titanic Memorial statue and then back around to the Arena Stage, where we could see through the big plate glass windows
a reception going on and the dinner that was set up in the next room for the attendees. As we rounded the corner to the Kleins apartment building the bus stopped next to the entrance, but we didn't pay any attention. Then a minute later we hear "Mommy"! Tani and Morris had gotten off the bus at the same time we arrived home. "How was your afternoon"? we asked. Tani exclaimed "we took three trains and one bus - that's four rides"! He also liked the trains. :)

No comments: