Thursday, February 23, 2012

Talking to God

As I was tucking Tani into bed tonight, I asked him to try to not come into our bed in the middle of the night. Most nights he tries (and often succeeds) in coming into our bed - he says he's lonely in his room. Tonight I suggested that if he was lonely he could talk to God. But God doesn't answer back he said - I don't hear God answer me. I said to him that we don't listen to God with our ears but with our heart and with our soul. Then Tani said Moses could hear God. To this I responded that we don't know if Moses listened to God with his ears or with his soul - when people talk to us we listen with our ears but not necessarily so with God. I told him I think we hear God with our soul - that we can feel God. Tani seemed to like this answer. We'll see if he shows up in our room tonight...

No comments: