Wednesday, December 2, 2009

A day with Tani




This is Melissa writing. I generally have Tani home with me on Mondays and Wednesdays. He's at preschool the other 3 days. It's nice to have a leisurely morning with him and to go on various adventures. Today, even though it was cool (was below freezing overnight) and overcast, we decided to venture out to the Morris Arboretum, where we have a membership and to go see the garden railway. Tani loves the trains. He also really enjoys their exhibit called "Out on a limb" where you can pretend you're a squirrel climbing high in the trees. Tani likes to call himself "baby squirrel" and thus, I'm mommy squirrel. He has a few phobias (vacuums, air blowers in bathrooms), but he doesn't appear to be afraid of heights. The climbing area is a grid of knotted ropes from which you can look down to the ground below, which is some 30 feet (if I'm estimating correctly).

Tani fell asleep in the car after a stop at the supermarket, where he walked around amusing himself by playing a game on my iPhone (instead of insisting on buying various treats). We are considering buying a house, so I parked near that house to get a feel for the street and drove around a bit while Tani was sleeping. [Note from Neysa, Melissa hadn't finished this yet but I'm posting it now anyway]

No comments: